Mohammad Soleymani received his PhD in computer science from the University of Geneva, Switzerland in 2011. From 2012 to 2014, he was a Marie Curie Fellow at the intelligent Behaviour Understanding Group (iBUG), Imperial College London, where he conducted research on sensor-based and implicit emotional tagging. He is currently a Swiss NSF Ambizione fellow at the University of Geneva, Switzerland. His research interests include affective computing, multimedia information retrieval, and multimodal interactions. He is one of the founding organizers of the MediaEval benchmarking campaign. He has served as an associate editor and guest editor for the IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing and Journal of Multimodal User Interfaces. He has also served as an area chair, program committee member and reviewer for multiple conferences and workshops including ACM MM, ACM ICMI, ISMIR and IEEE ICME.
Community service and recent activities
Organization and committee membership
- Member of the executive committee for the AAAC (formerly Humaine Assoc.), 2016 -.
- Area chair for ACM Multimedia 2016.
- Grand Challenges chair for ACM ICMI 2016.
- Co-organizer for Workshop on Affect and Sentiment in Multimedia, ACM Multimedia 2015.
- Co-organizer for Workshop on Analysis and Modeling of Faces and Gesture (AMFG), in conjuntion with CVPR 2015.
- Area chair for ACM Multimedia 2015.
- Organizer and member of the community council for MediaEval multimedia benchmarking since 2010.
- Publication chair for ACII 2015 and ACII 2013.
- Co-organizer for Workshop on Affective Analysis in Multimedia (AAM), ICME 2013, San Jose, US.
- Associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing (TAC).
- Guest editor for the special Issue on Multimodal Sentiment analysis and Mining in the Wild (Image and Vision Computing).
- Guest editor for the special Issue on Advances in Affective Analysis in Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing (TAC) (published in 2015).
- Guest editor for the special issue on the best of ACII 2013 in Intractions, Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces, Springer (published in 2015).
Occasional reviewer for: IEEE Trans. Multimedia, Int. Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Image and Vision Computing, IEEE Trans. Affective Computing, IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics–Part B, IEEE Trans. Human Machine Systems, ACM TOMCCAP, Neurocomputing, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Int'l Journal of Synthetic Emotions, User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, PLOS One, IEEE Trans. Selected topics in signal processing, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing.
PC memberships: ACM UMAP'16, IJCAI'16, IEEE ICME'16, Multimodal Machine Learning workshop 2015, CBMI'15, ACM MMSys'15, IEEE ICME'15, EmoSPACE'15, Workshop on Personality and Affect in Multimedia Retrieval '15, ACM MM'14, IEEE ICME'14, CrowdRec'13, Workshop on Social Behaviour Analysis (SBA-2013), ACM MM'13, IEEE SMC 2012&13, Wokrshop on Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services, UMAP 2013, IEEE ICME'13, AMC MM Sys'13, Workshop on Social Media for Human Computation (SOHuman) , 2012-2014, Workshop on Personalized Access to Cultural Heritage (PATCH 2012), ACM MM'12,Workshop on Crowdsourcing for Multimedia, ACM MM'12, Workshop on Social Media for Human Computation,IEEE Social Com., 2012.
Databases and resources
A comprehensive list of my publications can be found at my google scholar profile.
Swiss Center for Affective Sciences
chmein des mines 9
CISA – University of Geneva
CH - 1211 Genève 20
Department of Computer Science
CVML-CUI, Battelle Bat. A
Rte de Drize 7
CH-1227 Carouge (GE)
Phone: +41 22 379 0185