The Multimodal Interaction Group of the Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory at the University of Geneva, Switzerland(http://cvml.unige.ch/) is hiring a postdoctoral researcher in affective computing. The position is in part with the Computer Science Department and in part with the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences(http://www.affective-sciences.org/en/).
You will be working in a world-renowned and interdisciplinary environment, in cooperation with researchers from computer science, literature, cinema and psychology. We are looking for an experienced researcher with the following qualifications:
- PhD in affective computing;
- strong background in multimodal signal processing and machine learning;
- strong practical experience in designing experimental protocols involving physiological signals recording over single and multiple participants, in laboratory and real settings;
- ability to handle requests for ethical approvals;
- excellent English skills;
- mandatory working knowledge of French;
- experience in preparation of national and international project proposals;
- strong organizational ability.
The position includes involvement in teaching activities (both at the Bachelor and Master levels).
We offer a friendly, cooperative environment and a competitive salary. The starting date is April 1st, 2017. Minimum duration is one year.
If you are interested in this position, please email to Dr. Theodoros Kostoulas Theodoros.Kostoulas@unige.ch, with:
- a motivation letter stating why you want to come to our research center, what research you would like to carry and how you think this would help your career;
- your CV, references, and a link to your google scholar profile;
- one main publication representing your past research activities.
The deadline for application is January 30, 2017.
Thank you very much for your interest.